Information we collect about you
• Personal and contact information when you purchase photos or tuition from us including your name, email address, telephone number(s) and title.
• Photos and video material from the undertaking of photo and video shoots.
How and why we use personal data
Distributing your photos - we collect data from yourselves to facilitate the distribution of your photos to yourself and any relevant parties you give permission to.
Communicating with you - we may use data collected to communicate with yourself regarding your media material, offers or other factors relevant from ourselves.
Technical issues - we may inform you of any technical issues
Analytics - we may use your data for analytical purposes to enhance the service we provide.
Publicity - with your consent we may use material gathered to promote the company, for example on our website or social media posts.
How we use your personal data for direct marketing
We send you marketing communications through a number of different channels. You will receive direct marketing by email if you have purchased photos or tuition from us, or if you have signed up to our marketing service via our website and have either consented to receive such email marketing during account registration, and/or have not asked us to stop sending direct marketing by email to you.
How to opt out of direct marketing
You can opt out from receiving direct marketing communications and notifications from us at any time. To stop receiving marketing by email, click 'unsubscribe' in any email communication we send you.
We want to give you the best possible experience when we communicate with you. We use this information to offer you promotions that are most likely to interest you and to personalise our communications and content to make them relevant.
How can I stop my personal data being used for direct marketing?
If you would like us to stop using your personal data to personalise marketing to you, you can do so by notifying us.
Sharing your information with our marketing partners
We may share your data with our marketing partners, including advertisers, advertising networks and agencies to provide targeted advertising or to exclude you from our targeted advertising. We may also share your data with social media providers, including Facebook for custom audiences (for information on to opt out of Facebook custom audiences see the information provided by Facebook in its Help Centre (www.facebook.com/help/1415256572060999).
How we share your data with third parties
We sometimes share the data we collect from you with the following trusted third parties:
• Marketing service providers – to allow us to send email communications.
• Marketing agencies – for the purposes of providing you with relevant advertising or marketing on our website or on social media.
• Social media platforms – for the purpose of targeted advertising.
How we protect your personal data
• Our entire site is accessed using https rather than http, meaning that all information that is sent and received is encrypted for additional security.
You can see this in the address bar of your browser.
• All data we collect is stored on encrypted hard drives, meaning if anyone was to gain access to the hard drives they would not be able to
access any information.
• All your data will be held for as long as is required for the purpose as to which is was collected.
How long we keep your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
At the end of that retention period, your data will be deleted.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you may be entitled to ask us to delete your data: see ‘Your rights’ below for further information.
You have the right:
• To be informed
• Of access
• To rectification
• To erasure
• To restrict processing
• To data portability
• To object
• In relation to automated decision making and profiling
In order to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, please contact us. To enable us to verify your identity and process your request, you must include all of the following information and documentation with your request:
• Your full name
• The email address linked to yourself
• A description of the data that you are requesting, including a date range
• The date of the request
If you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with any concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us by email in the first instance.